Who says Monopoly can’t be a horror game?
You will need
- A Monopoly set
- A coin
- a hell of a lot of counters, or yet, meeples
All rules are as normal for Monopoly with the exception of the following:
- At the end of each player’s turn, a coin is tossed. If it comes down heads, a zombie appears at a Community Chest space; if tails, it appears at a Chance space.
- The zombie appears at the appropriate space nearest to the player whose turn it is.
- Each round (i.e. when each player has had one turn), all zombies on the board move one space towards the nearest player piece on the board. (If two player are equidistant, toss a coin to choose one.)
- During the course of their move, if a player lands either one or two spaces from a zombie, it moves one space towards them.
- If a player and a zombie are on the same space, they must fight. To fight a zombie, the player rolls both dice. If a 12 or 11 results, the player has killed the zombie; if a 2 results, the zombie has killed the player.
- Players who are killed are out of the game.
- If there is more than one zombie in the same space as the player, each one must be rolled for individually.
Winning the Game
- the last surviving player wins.
- alternately, the player with the greatest number of zombie kills is the winner.