This variant takes out (most) of Monopoly’s economics, making it a more straightforward race.
You will need
- A Monopoly set
- A pad and pens
All rules are as normal for Monopoly with the exception of the following:
- No properties may be purchased in this variant.
- Each player must keep a record of all squares on the board visited. (For the purposes of this variant, “Just Visiting” and “Jail” are considered to be one square.)
- Passing Go gives only $50, not $200.
- No rents are charged, but fines must still be paid. If a player cannot pay the fine, they pay what they have and go to jail.
Winning the Game
Choose one of the following variants:
- When all squares have been visited by at least one player, the player to have visited the most is the winner.
- When an agreed number of squares is visited, the player to have reached that number first is the winner.
- The first player to put together a set of all three of a colour, or all four railway stations, is the winner (for purposes of this variant, the sets with only two properties cannot be counted).
- As any of the above, with the added variation that only the first player to visit a square gets to count it.