This is the most general section of this site – it largely consists of two types of posts: me thinking out loud posts and purely administrative posts. If you want to know what I think about, well, any number of things, this is the place to look – and most days, there will be at least one new post here.
Some but not all of the posts in this section are divided up into the following categories – all but one of them irregularly appearing:
- No Fixed Schedule:
- Alerts — very occasional posts, usually regarding political causes I find both important and urgent.
- Blessays — longer posts in more of an essay form, politics-inspired rants, general blogging about my life, musings on the craft of writing and the occasional counterfactual or public service announcement.
- Militant Agnostic — I’m an agnostic. Sometimes I get fired up about it and write on the subject.
- Mugwump Jism — reviews and commentary of a very particular sensibility.
- Station Keeping — general announcements and navigation aids.
- Weekly Updates — a quick list of all the new content added and old content revised on the site over the course of the previous week – including all the content that won’t show up on the RSS feeds.
- The Whole Shebang:
- Blogging — Everything in the above categories, plus the stuff that only finds a home in the parent category.